Who looks after your personal information
Ideal Medical Solutions is the Data Controller. Your personal information will be held by Ideal Medical Solutions Limited. Company number 7777751. ICO registration number: ZA001163. Registered office: Hayles Bridge Offices, 228 Mulgrave Road, Cheam, Surrey, SM2 6JT. More information can be found at www.ideal-ms.com
- To keep your data safe and private.
- Not to sell your data.
- To give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time
How the law protects you.
As well as our Data Privacy Promise, your privacy is protected by law.
Data Protection law says that we are allowed to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
- When it is our legal duty, or
- When it is in our legitimate interest, or
- When you consent to it.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. But even then, it must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you. If we rely on our legitimate interest, we will tell you what that is.
Here is a list of all the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons we rely on to do so. This is also where we tell you what our legitimate interests are:
WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
OUR LEGITIMATE INTEREST
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to store your buying history with us and to comply with quality assurance and regulatory requirements governing the products we offer.
- for other purposes including improving our services and identifying products and services that may be of interest.
- To enable us to offer product support following the purchase of our products
Who we share your personal information with
We will share your personal information with other organisations to provide you with the product or service you have chosen:
- If you have made a payment to us via our e-commerce website we will share transaction details with companies which help us to provide this service (such as PayPal, Visa and Mastercard).
- We do not share our customer information with third parties.
- In the event of a product recall or fault, a customer experience may need to be shared with a manufacturer to fulfil our legal obligation under the Medical Device Regulation.
Where we collect your personal information from
We will collect your personal information from a number of sources including:
- Purchase orders and product enquiries by post or email
- Meetings and conferences where you have met with our staff members
- Exhibitions and industry networking events where you give us your business card or complete a product feedback form
- Over the phone when new product information is requested
Do you have to give us your personal information
In order to process your order or provide product information/evaluations we will need to collect certain personal information. If you fail to provide this information to us it will prevent or delay us fulfilling these obligations.
What rights you have over your personal information
The law gives you a number of rights in relation to your personal information including:
- the right to access the personal information we have about you.
- the right to get us to correct personal information that is wrong or incomplete.
- the right to ask us to stop using or delete your personal information.
- from 25 May 2018 you will have the right to receive any personal information we have collected from you in an easily re-usable format when it’s processed on certain grounds, such as consent or for contractual reasons. You can also ask us to pass this information on to another organisation.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or via their website https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
How long do we keep your personal information?
Order information: when you place an order for goods and services, we retain that information for a minimum period of six years following the end of the financial year in which you placed your order, in accordance with our legal obligation to keep records for tax purposes under paragraph 6, Schedule 11 of the Value Added Tax Act 1994.
Correspondence and enquiries: when you make an enquiry or contact us by email or via our contact form, we will retain your information for as long as we continue to provide products with a legitimate interest to you.
Mailing list: we retain the information you used to sign up for our newsletter for as long as you remain subscribed (i.e. you do not unsubscribe) or if we decide to cancel our newsletter service, whichever occurs first.
Job applicants, current and former IMS employees
What will we do with the information you provide to us?
All of the information you provide during the process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes or store any of your information outside of the European Economic Area. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
What information do we ask for, and why?
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment. You don’t have to provide what we ask for but it might affect your application if you don’t.
We ask you for your personal details including name and contact details. We will also ask you about your previous experience, education, referees and for answers to questions relevant to the role you have applied for. Your recruiting manager will have access to all of this information.
We might ask you to participate in assessment days; complete tests and/or to attend an interview – or a combination of these. Information will be generated by you and by us. For example, you might complete a written test or we might take interview notes.
If you are unsuccessful following assessment for the position you have applied for, we may ask if you would like your details to be retained for a period of six months. If you say yes, we would proactively contact you should any further suitable vacancies arise.
If we make a conditional offer of employment we will ask you for information so that we can carry out pre-employment checks. You must successfully complete pre-employment checks to progress to a final offer. We are required to confirm the identity of our staff, their right to work in the United Kingdom and seek assurance as to their trustworthiness, integrity and reliability.
You will therefore be required to provide:
- Proof of your identity – you will be asked to attend our office with original documents, we will take copies.
- Proof of your qualifications – you will be asked to attend our office with original documents, we will take copies.
You will be required to complete a Basic Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service
We will contact your referees, using the details you provide in your application, directly to obtain references
Once you start your employment, we will also ask you for the following:
- Bank details – to process salary payments
- Emergency contact details – so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency at work
- Membership of our group Pension scheme if eligible
All new employees will be sent a copy of our company employee privacy notice with a job offer
How long is the information retained for?
If you are successful, the information you provide during the application process will be retained by us as part of your employee file for the duration of your employment plus 6 years following the end of your employment.
If you are unsuccessful at any stage of the process, the information you have provided until that point will be retained for 6 months from the closure of the campaign.
Information generated throughout the assessment process, for example interview notes, is retained by us for 6 months following the closure of the campaign.
Equal opportunities information is retained for 6 months following the closure of the campaign whether you are successful or not.
How we make decisions about recruitment?
Final recruitment decisions are made by hiring managers. All of the information gathered during the application process is taken into account.
You are able to ask about decisions made about your application by speaking to the hiring manager or by emailing email@example.com
How you can contact us
If you have any questions or require more information about how we use your personal information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org call us on 020 8773 7844.
Last updated: 16th May 2018